Thursday, February 3, 2011

Repeat actions in Word, Auto Correct

Frequent bits:  Do you need to add the same things again and again. Try using AutoCorrect. First what is it that you type again and again. It could be your address for example which runs into a few lines, or even the closure to your letter - Yours truly, followed by a few blank lines and then follwed by your name in brackets. Next decide on a combination of letters ( I suggest 3 consonants) that you do not think you will ever use as such - say "vbn " (the space after them is always a good idea). Now open AutoCorrect and in Replace type "vbn " and in With type the repeated item. It works each time. Try it.

1 comment:

Michael Hirst said...

Hi Sahaas
That’s a nice summary. AutoCorrect is cool. I like it a lot, but it’s a bit of a pain managing it when you have quite a few acronyms, especially when you upgrade computers. I had to do a bit of work for a client before Christmas with AutoCorrect and so over the holiday I took it further and set up a system so I can keep a list of my personal acronyms in a Word table and add them to (or remove them from) AutoCorrect at will. I call it the AutoCorrect Manager. It’s a Word document so just needs macros enabled to work. You can check it out at my website – http://www.clockworksoftware.com.au.
Cheers
Michael